The PAM8403 is a 3W, class-D audio amplifier. It offers low THD+N, allowing it to achieve highquality sound reproduction. The new filterless architecture allows the device to drive the speaker directly, requiring no low-pass output filters, thus to save the and PCB area.With the same numbers of external components, the efficiency of the PAM8403 is much better than that of class-AB cousins. It can extend the battery life, ideal for portable applications.
- LCD Monitors / TV Projectors;
- Notebook Computers;
- Portable Speakers;
- Portable DVD Players, Game Machines;
- Cellular Phones/Speaker Phones.
Know before Using:
- When the PAM8403 works with LC filters, it should be connected with the speaker before it's powered on, otherwise it will be damaged easily.
- It's better to add a ferrite chip bead at the outgoing line of speaker for suppressing the possible electromagnetic interference.
- The left and right channel output of the "negative" and can not be connected together,otherwise it will burn IC, and should be preceded powered speakers connected (load).
- Rated working voltage 2.5V ~ 5V, limit operating voltage 5.5V.
- One should not make the input signal too large. Large signal can cause the clipping of output signal when increasing the volume. This will damage the device because of big gain of the PAM8403
- When testing the PAM8403 without LC filters by using resistor instead of speaker as the output load, the test results, e.g. THD or efficiency, will be worse than those of using speaker as load.